ReviewsNo reviews yet
La Macarena National Park 'Serranía de la Macarena' encompasses the ecologically unique meeting point for the flora and fauna of the Amazon, Orinoco and Andes regions.
On this 4 day Amazon jungle experience you will get to see the best this exotic jungle has to offer. From sightseeing to canoeing, to hiking in remote areas, you are sure to leave here with a new understanding of the jungle. If you are short on time this adventure can also be shortened to 3 days, but 4 days is recommended to truly appreciate the beauty and diversity.
- Specialized bilingual guide
- Private Transport
- Entrance fees (Cable and car and Moon Valley)
- Box lunch water, banana apple and chocolate
- Departure Taxes
- Entry Fees
- 5 Star Accommodation
- Airport Transfers
Day 1 La Macarena
- Arriving from Villavicencio or Bogota airport (depending on flight availability)
- Caño Piedra (swimming- animal watching) 2 hours River Tour for Pink Dolphins watching sunset.
Day 2 El Raudal Hike
- Amazon river tour (Wildlife Viewing): Here you will have the chance to see some amazing wildlife as you cruise along the Guayabero River. This is arguably the single most biodiverse spot on earth counting species per hectare. Endemic flora and fauna galore, and your guide will be an amazing source of knowledge along the way.
- El Raudal, this is a rapid from the Guayabero River, formed among the walls of ancient rocks. The place is a kind of open-air archaeological museum with ancient petroglyphs visible.
- Hike to rock city (1 hour- 2 miles in length)
Day 3 Caño Canoas
This part of the trip is done by motorcycle, ATV or 4x4 SUV. Here you will see some parts of river that are like Caño Cristales. Same rock formation and plants (macarenia clavijera). Like every day we get up early in the morning. Together we prepare our cars for the day’s adventures. After breakfast we head to ‘Caño Canoas’. This is a unique destination, since very few tourists come here. Breathtaking waterfalls await you in the dense jungle. Before sunset we return to our base camp where we will enjoy a meal and discuss the day’s adventures.
Day 4 Return to Bogota
Returning to La Macarena to take the plane back to Bogota. The distance from Caño Canoas to La Macarena is about 2.5 to 3 hours depending on road condition and rain. From here you will take the trip back to Villa Vicencio and then Bogota (or straight to Bogota if flights are available).
- Given La Macarena´s remote location, flights can be delayed by weather. Please make sure to plan any travel after your trip accordingly
- WIFI is very spotty. While there is wifi in the central park and hotels, it is not something to rely on. There is one tienda outside town which has the best wifi. Please ask your guide to show you and make sure to buy a cerveza or two to show the owner your appreciation.
- Please note that no single use water bottles are permitted in the park to prevent littering. Hikes are long and can be hot even with the intermittent swimming breaks. We recommend bringing a minimum of 2 litres of water. Additional water bottles can be purchased in town for $2.
- No sunscreen or bug spray is allowed in the parks as it damages the aquatic plants. Please dress accordingly with long light pants and shirts. Wide brim hats and/or buffs are highly recommended.