Included in National Geographic Canada’s 50 Places of a Lifetime, the Discovery Islands are a sea kayaking paradise, and as you will discover, one of the West Coast’s best kept secrets. You’ll find no better sea kayaking vacation throughout remote islands on BC’s central coast.
Comprised of a dozen islands in the Discovery Passage between Vancouver Island and the mainland in British Columbia, we will take you kayaking throughout this sparsely inhabited remote group of islands on this kayaking tour.
Paddling around the islands provides the ideal way to get close to nature and be completely enveloped in the beauty of towering trees, remote beaches, and mountains. Discover the wildlife that inhabit this region and the secrets of British Columbia’s rich and plentiful inter-tidal life while exploring magical waterways.
- Be enveloped in the beauty of towering trees, remote beaches, and mountains of the Canadian wilderness
- Have close encounters with BC’s coastal wildlife; sea lions, seals, pacific white sided dolphins, otters, birds and some of the largest starfish in the world
- Be on the lookout for Humpback whales that have made a strong resurgence in the Discovery Islands
- Coastal cuisine designed by a local gourmet chef
- Quality expedition tents & warm sleeping bags all included in the price of the trip
- High Staff to Guest Ratio
- Small Group Size
- Accommodations on Quadra Island the night before you launch at one of Quadra’s beautiful resorts
- Specialized bilingual guide
- Private Transport
- Entrance fees (Cable and car and Moon Valley)
- Box lunch water, banana apple and chocolate
- Departure Taxes
- Entry Fees
- 5 Star Accommodation
- Airport Transfers
Day 1 South Iceland
Pick up your rental car at Keflavík airport upon arrival. Visit the spectacular Blue Lagoon Geothermal Spa on the way from Keflavík International Airport (depending on your arrival time). Head along the South Shore road and stop by the pretty coastal villages of Stokkseyri and Eyrarbakki. Continue towards Hveragerði town where nearby Eldhestar and Sólhestar offer horseback riding tours in a landscape of lava fields, natural hot springs, volcanoes and mountains.
Accommodation in the Selfoss/Hella area.
Day 2 The South Coast
Visit the famous 'Golden Circle' sights; Þingvellir National Park, Geysir Hot Spring area and Gullfoss Waterfall. Further along the coast you will see the picturesque waterfalls Seljalandsfoss and Skógafoss and visit the largest volcano and earthquake exhibition in Iceland. Head for the village of Vík, enjoy walking on a black sand beach and admire the majestic bird cliff Dyrhólaey.
Accommodation in the Vík/Kirkjubæjarklaustur area.
Day 3 Vatnajökull National Park
Continue to Skaftafell which part of Vatnajökull national park, with its beautiful contrasting landscapes of glaciers, black sands and lush green valleys. View the spectacular Jökulsárlón Glacier Lagoon. You can also opt to take an adventurous snowmobile tour on Mýrdalsjökull Glacier.
Accommodation in the Skógarfoss/Vík area.
Day 4 Borgarfjörður
In Borgarfjörður district visit Hraunfossar waterfall where water streams out from the edges of the lava field and see the Iceland‘s most powerful hot spring, Deildartunguhver.
Accommodation in the Borgarnes area.
Day 5 Snæfellsnes
A morning visit to the Vatnshellir lava cave is a unique experience. Stop for a photo moment at the famous Kirkjufell mountain. The beautiful sights of Snæfellsnes such as Djúpalónssandur black pebble beach, Lóndrangar cliffs, and Arnarstapi with its stunning sea cliffs.
Accommodation in the Borgarnes area.
Day 6 Reykjavík Area
Enjoy spending the last day of your trip in Reykjavík, the capital city. Reykjavík is a safe, clean, and vibrant city that has great museums, historic attractions, galleries, shops, open-air geothermal swimming pools and much more - so there is something for all to enjoy. While exploring the city, a taste of delicious Icelandic cuisine can be found in a variety of exciting restaurants located all over the city.
- Take a refreshing dip in the Blue Lagoon
- Ride the unique Icelandic horse
- Experience a thrilling snowmobile trip on Mýrdalsjökull Glacier